Saturday, September 8, 2012

DIY navajo sweater jacket

Last weekend I was cleaning out my closet and found this army jacket that I had bought at the Salvation Army a year ago. I was on the fence about keeping it since I hadn't worn it in a while and am trying to make room for new stuff! Something about it made it hard to get rid of, in the back of my mind I knew that I would want it if I got rid of it. We all have those moments when you go on a cleaning spree and then think to yourself, damn I wish I had that piece still. So I slung it over my desk chair and decided that I would just figure it out later. Yesterday the idea came to me when I saw this beautiful navajo sweater jacket at Anthro that I wanted with my whole heart the minute that I pulled it from the shipment box. I clung to it as if it were my childhood blanket! The price though is not so heart warming {especially with preschool starting and holiday budgeting beginning} But then I remembered that little diamond in the ruff that still needed a home. I ran out to the Goodwill and found a navajo print sweater and grabbed my scissors. A new baby was born. . .

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful for your creativity and your dedication to sharing it with the rest of us! Always so fabulously presented and simply explained!

    ReplyDelete